cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow or actions?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:07:39 GMT

On 15 Jan 2004, at 19:52, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> These have been exactly my thoughts, Marc, so 1000 points to you :)
>
>>> Wow, this seems completely upside down to me! We've been using flow
>>> script to purely drive flow, the sitemap to purely generate content
>>> and
>>> Java classes called by the flow to drive business logic.  Adding flow
>>> decisions back to the sitemap seems to remove the "flow" out of flow?
>>>
>>> Yes, perhaps you can get a more generic flow controller, but you do
>>> so
>>> at the expense of a less generic sitemap.  What's the point?  I
>>> prefer
>>> to have _all_ my flow logic in one spot: the flow controller...
>
> Indeed, Peter, it's a completely different concept and - even if it
> were better - we won't implement it. The thoughts were tied to the old
> sitemap. You have the whole application in one file. I did see the
> flow only as action replacement and wanted to control the sitemap flow
> (i.e. pipeline selection) in the sitemap. In the meantime I have
> changed my opinion. The clearer SoC is a good and important point.
>
> With the question above I only wanted to provoke a reaction by the man
> on the whiteboard but he didn't say more than this one word:
>
>> Amen.
>
> BTW, what exactly does this mean, what are the shades and nuances of
> "Amen"? Is it complete agreement, nothing to add?

The man on the whiteboard got stuck in the middle of a big thing that
he will announce on monday, hopefully.

Amen means that I agree that concerns should be kept separate.

The answer of the men on the whiteboard was "no answer, so go right
ahead".

Joerg, if you want to resort the discussion, I think it would be a good
thing... I won't have time to deeply participate in the next few weeks,
as you will understand on monday.

--
Stefano.