cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottmann, Lars" <Lars.Rottm...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: JVM memory settings for production Cocoon?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:43:54 GMT

We currently use the following options (on a 4GB machine):

JAVA_OPTIONS_GENERAL="-server -Djava.awt.headless=true \
-Xms2536M -Xmx2536M -XX:+UseParallelGC \
-XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -DisableExplicitGC "

Lars

>On 23.01.2004 17:06, Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:
>
>> Currently have -Xms set to 256MB and -Xmx set to 512MB, but that
>> sounds low
>> to me.
>
>Not that I'm very experienced with such settings, but I "heard" that
>setting Xms and Xmx to the same value is recommendable and it was
>standard in the company I worked for. 256 MB is indeed not much, but 512
>should be enough for normal Cocoon pipeline processing. Using FOP or
>Batik is more memory consuming.
>
>Joerg

Vodafone Global Content Services Limited
Registered Office:  Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire  RG14 2FN

Registered in England No. 4064873

This e-mail is for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not distribute, disclose, copy, use or rely on this e-mail or its
contents, and you must immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and all copies from your system.  Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged.