cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottmann, Lars" <Lars.Rottm...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Cocoon 2.1.3 breakdown when load testing
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:20:10 GMT

>>Does anyone of you know if the following log message from the
>>cocoon-sitemap.log is of major importance? Might there be a link to the
>>loss of performance I noticed, maybe because of a declining number of
>>available pooled components?
>>
>>WARN    (2004-01-06) 17:19.49:453   [sitemap] (/vsky/index.preg)
>>wap-4/ExcaliburComponentSelector: Attempted to release a org.apache.coc
>>oon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline but its handler
>>could not be located.
>>

>This message can occur when a component is released several times.

How can this happen? Is it really harmless?

I added a 'pool-size="512"' attribute to the CachingProcessingPipeline
definition inside the map:pipes section of the sitemap. This helped and the
warning messages vanished (none after serving 13M requests).

So I propose that this attribute gets added to the default sitemap with a
decent number of pooled components. This should prevent such warnings under
heavy load.

Lars

Vodafone Global Content Services Limited
Registered Office:  Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire  RG14 2FN

Registered in England No. 4064873

This e-mail is for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not distribute, disclose, copy, use or rely on this e-mail or its
contents, and you must immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and all copies from your system.  Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged.