cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Arje Cahn" <A...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: JVM memory settings for production Cocoon?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:26:24 GMT
Hi,

We have Xms & Xmx both on 512mb for about 3 or 4 medium websites (about 10 to 20.000 pages
in total).
Make sure you set the "maxobjects" of the transient-store to a high number if you've got lots
of memory available. It's set to 100 by default which is *way* too low. I use about 4 to 8000.
Seems to work. Check the status page to use if it's not overloading.

Also, set the store-janitor's heapsize in cocoon.xconf higher (by default it's set to use
only 64 mb). Set the use-store attribute of the XSLT processor you're using to true to cache
your XSLT's (is this still set to false by default http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2003-October/022203.html?).
Turn off subsitemap reloading (only for deployment!).

Oh, use XSLTC.

Hope this helps!

Arjé