cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: source resolving in 2.2
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:07:20 GMT

I'd already replied to Sylvain's mail yesterday but it never seems to
have shown up :-/

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> > Do you mean the Processor is made available into the Avalon Context
> > object in order for processing nodes to access it? A side effect is
> > that it also makes it accessible to all components defined in the
> > sitemap, and this is IMO *highly undesirable* as it
> potentially opens
> > the door to weird abuses.
> >
> Yes, that's true as well - sigh. I thought this context is
> only available to tree processor components, but it seems
> that you're right and this context is passed down to all components.

The same goes for the ServiceManager. It currently exposes all
components within a sitemap container, which means sitemap components
can potentially access ProcessNodes. We will need some kind of
insulation between the nodes and the components. If we do it so they run
inside separate containers the Context issue will go away too.

> Is there any good way to pass down information to the
> different tree nodes during processing time?

Alternatively, since running two different containers may be more
expensive -and not absolutely neccesary because ServiceManager isolation
can be achieved within the same container - we could define a lifecycle
extension for ProcessingNodes in order to pass in static settings.

WDYT?

Unico