cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <>
Subject RE: [C2.2] Status Update
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:30:09 GMT

Geoff Howard wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > I made some updates to the new environment handling in 2.2 and it
> > seems that most of it is running as it should. Even sub
> sitemaps work
> > (at least the sample works). I guess that internal pipeline
> calls are
> > not working yet.
> I just started looking into 2.2 again and noticed that many
> samples are not even loading their launch page.  e.g., hello
> world samples throw a ServiceException trying to look up the
> text serializer the first time the hello-world sub-sitemap is
> read.  It seems that this is because the text serializer is
> not declared in the sitemap - in fact, it's commented out in
> the main root sitemap.  Uncommenting it moved the error to
> the next undefined item (the wml serializer IIRC).
> Uncommenting the whole block of commented-out serializers
> gives a very unspecific error (maybe null pointer?) and
> that's when I ran out of time.  Anyone know why these
> serializers needed to be commented out, or better, what still
> needs to happen to have these basic samples work?

These errors are due to the fact that the componentized processor is not
nearly finished yet. The components are commented because they were
missing meta data. Last I remembered wanting to start to work on was
getting the select and handle-errors statements to work. But that was
already a few weeks ago and I haven't had time since.

Hopefully I will have more time for this in a few weeks time :-(.

View raw message