cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject JSP engine
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:26:21 GMT

While trying to use Cocoon as a front end to Slide WebdavServlet I ran
into a problem with JSPEngine interface. The problem I am having is that
while Slide sets the response headers such as status code and
content-type the JSPEngine cannot forward these to the Cocoon
environment.

This is because the JSPEngine's interface takes the HttpServletResponse
and HttpServletRequest objects instead of the Cocoon environment ones.
If I change the JSPEngine interface so that it takes the object model
instead I can solve this problem. From a public/private interface point
of view, I can just make this change without having to go through a
deprecation cycle right? I mean, JSPEngine interface is a private
interface.

BTW, the name 'JSPEngine' seems to be slightly off. All implementations
actually allow you to run a generic Servlet instead of just JSPs. Also,
the generator is called JspGenerator (note 'sp' in lower case) but the
reader is called JSPReader. Should we rename one of these?

Unico