cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject slide block
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:00:23 GMT

I've mostly finished what I set out to do for the slide block: migrate
to the current version and refactor the administration application in
the samples accordingly. It was quite a lot of work and I hope it will
prove to have been worth it. At the very least the Slide Source should
remain to be useful for people wanting to run Slide in-memory with
Cocoon.

Now there is some code there that has become obsolete. And I am
wondering what should be done with it.

ModifiableTraversableSource and TraversableSource both have been
deprecated. SourceDescriptionGenerator has been superseeded by
TraversableSourceDescriptionGenerator. PrincipalProvider no longer works
with the current version of Slide because they now follow the ACL draft
and I am not going to move it over because I won't be using it myself
and because I feel the design is no longer useful. SourceMultiAction
depends on deprecated classes. PrincipalMultiAction and
PrincipalListGenerator both depend on PrincipalProvider.
ContextFile*Stores both extend a longer supported Slide stores.

Deprecating these seems not appropriate because they won't even work
right now. After consulting with Stephan Michels about it - the original
author of the slide block - we both agreed that removing the obsolete
classes would be the best option.

WDYT?

Unico