cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/targets ide-build.xml
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:28:47 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 09.01.2004 14:06, unico@apache.org wrote:
>
> > unico       2004/01/09 05:06:13
> >
> >   Modified:    tools/targets ide-build.xml
> >   Log:
> >   also remove class files from WEB-INF when preparing to run Jetty
> > inside eclipse
>
> But doesn't this break unnecessarily the starting of Jetty without
> Eclipse? *If* you use Eclipse you can change the output directory of
> compiling to another directory (default is
> build/eclipse/classes). *If*
> you do *not* use Eclipse for servlet container startup you
> need either
> libs or classes.
>
> I would like to have this commit reverted. WDYT?

Yes, executing this target does break running Jetty without Eclipse, but
it was already doing that before my change :-)

The target is intended to be used only when running Jetty inside of
Eclipse so that Jetty will use the Eclipse project classpath without
overiding it with the one it loads from WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes.
You couldn't have used this target with the scenario you describe
previous to the below change either. Where would Jetty have loaded the
third party dependencies from?

The reason for the below change is that currently the build system seems
to copy all *.samples.* classes there. And so these get in the way of
their equivalents inside Eclipse project classpath.

Unico