cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [RT] Lucene Configuration
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:42:22 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

> Quick reply via a PDA...
>
> I'd like to add to your list:
> 7) Ability to crawl a site using cocoon protocol rather than
> http. Thus an index could be created as an offline process
> (e.g when the site is statically generated, and only the
> search is dynamic - thus http cannot provide link view.)

I already wrote this. One of the things that needs to be done is change
the Crawler interface to take Strings instead of URLs though. If noone
has any objections and I find some time I could contribute my code.

Btw. AFAICS the CocoonCrawler component is only used by Lucene block.
Shall we move it there?

Unico