cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The future of our lifecycle extensions in 2.2
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:20:46 GMT

On 11 Jan 2004, at 11:32, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> But this once again outlines the real need we have to clearly specify
> what we consider as publicly and officially supported APIs or private
> low-level contracts that are needed to implement the Cocoon core but
> that should not be safely relied upon since they may change if the
> Cocoon core changes.

Oh, I think there is the most complete agreement on this.

And again, I think the FOM discussion can be applied here as well:
start closed and open up at need.

I'm all for applying a new design patter that says "making your public
method final unless there is a clear need for not doing so". Normally,
it's the opposite.

--
Stefano.