cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Storing object in context with flow
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:46:02 GMT

On 4 Jan 2004, at 17:15, Upayavira wrote:

> I have an object that is used by all pages to present static data to
> pages using JXtemplate, so
>
> cocoon.sendPageAndWait("page", {"static",
> cocoon.context.getAttribute("StaticObject")});
>
> How can I get an object into the context, once, at server startup,
> without subclassing CocoonServlet?

I did something like this (top level in the script):

// create the context object if it does not exist
if (cocoon.context.resourceToDo == null) {
	cocoon.log.info ("Constructing a new JobManager");
	cocoon.context.setAttribute ("resourceToDo", new
Packages.org.iniva.job.JobManager ());
}

// Add the JobManager to each User's Session so it is notified when the
User logs or times out
cocoon.session.setAttribute ("resourceToDo",
cocoon.context.getAttribute ("resourceToDo"));

// make it available as a global variable
var resourceToDo = cocoon.session.getAttribute ("resourceToDo");

ie. I wanted the JobManager to be set up only once for all users, to be
in each User's session so it can receive HttpSessionBindingEvent
(JobManager implements HttpSessionBindingListener) and be available as
a local JS variable.

You probably do not need all of these steps.

HTH

regards Jeremy