cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: mail list config for forrest-dev (Was: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:38:30 GMT
On Jan 15, 2004, at 12:29 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Is it possible to get on a white list though, at least after a
> personal request to forrest-dev-owner@x.a.o?

I've changed my moderation policies for the lists I moderate: when an
non-subscriber sends a legitimate mail to a list, I moderate through
_and_ add him to the whitelist. There's still a chance then that he
doesn't get the reply (because he wasn't subscribed, and his message
(and replies) appears magically on the list, perhaps without him
knowing so), but manually informing people that they _need_ to
subscribe in order to see the replies delivered in their mailbox became
too much of a burden. Besides, some read lists through Gmane so they'll
find the replies anyhow.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org