cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <retso...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Flow or actions?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:15:54 GMT
> Either way, it seems like suggested addition of FlowSelector will
> overshadow ScriptAction, but will not completely replace it because
> ScriptAction supports more than just Javascript (and works through
> BSF), which partly is more of an academic difference (does anybody
> really uses other scripting languages beside Javascript?)

Jython forever!  I have an application running at my old university
using ScriptAction and jython.  The ZxJDBC package in Jython makes
database work very straightforward and the business logic code can run
as standalone Jython when needed.  Something I'm not sure about
JavaScript is whether there is an equivalent command-line-based
environment?

Jason Foster