cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [flowscript] How to set an integer value in the FlowScript?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:39:05 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x <at> verizon.net> writes:
>

>>JS Number  is a double according to the specification. ScriptableWidget
>>

>>provides coercions that allow you to write:
>>

>>  offset.value = 0;
>>

>>See the sample I recently committed.
>>

>Ok, I had a look at it. woody_flow_example.js (v2) contains lines like
>
>    wid.account.value = 2;
>
>    wid.cowheight.value = 2;
>
>with datatype long and it seems to work. I did remote debugging and the Double
>
>is replaced by a Long in the method jsSet_value(Object value).
>

>But I'm not using the v2, but "normal" Woody and it seems not to work. The
>
>ScriptableWidget here has a similar logic in put() as in the mentioned
>
>jsSet_value() in v2. But setting a breakpoint inside it, it never breaks there.

That's because the object provided to your event handler in your form
definition is not a ScriptableWidget but rather the Java Widget. When
you write

    offsetWidget.value = 0

you're actually calling Widget.setValue() through Rhino's Java integration

>Is it now just a new functionality in v2 or is something broken in the current
>
>Woody ScriptableWidget?

The old ScriptableWidget has something similar but as I mentioned in my
email about the new one it has other limitations that makes it unusable.

>BTW, this functionality does only work for fields, but not for output widgets
>
>(it's more or less obvious from the code and I tried it with v2 sample).

I just added a fix for Output.

Regards,

Chris