cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: source resolving in 2.2
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:07:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Unico Hommes wrote:
>

>>>Ah, ok, so what do you think of using that then?
>>>I just noticed that the key for the processor is just
>>>"treeprocessor", what do you think of using a more qualified
>>>name like org.apache.cocoon.Processor or the name of the
>>>implementation?
>>>

>>Yes, that was still a TODO and also to make it a public constant
>>somewhere. I never seem to be able to make up my about where to best put
>>these things :-) So if you have an idea about it go ahead.
>>

>Ok, I used the simplest approach :) and added the constant to the
>TreeProcessor
>class. The ActNode now implements Contextualizable and gets the resolver
>this way. And I removed the recently added getSourceResolver() from
>the EnvironmentHelper.
>
>So, the only thing missing is the Redirector.

Wait, wait, wait...

Do you mean the Processor is made available into the Avalon Context
object in order for processing nodes to access it? A side effect is that
it also makes it accessible to all components defined in the sitemap,
and this is IMO *highly undesirable* as it potentially opens the door to
weird abuses.

As for the redirector, please add it to InvokeContext. This makes it
available to both ActNode and CallFunctionNode. This is really a private
concern of the Processor that has no need to spread somewhere else.

BTW, Unico, I don't know what is your mail software, but it doesn't send
the "In-Reply-To" header, which breaks thread views in Mozilla and makes
following discussions highly difficult.

Sylvain