cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Last Modified Header using ResourceReader
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:17:05 GMT
Gernot Koller wrote:

>Hi!
>
>We have some strange effects here.
>
>It seems that the lastmodified header set by the ResourceReader only
>sometimes
>reflects the actual Last-Modified Timestamp from the file system.

>This is Cocoon Version 2.1-M2-dev running on IBM Websphere 4.0 under zOS
>
>Any hints what is going on here ?

Sure, here are three hints for you.

First hint:
  Reproduce using Cocoon CVS (2.1.4-dev) and really simple testcase, and
then file bug in BugZilla.
  If you can't reproduce it - then it means that this was fixed already.

Second hint:
  Add Expires header. See pipeline expires parameter. Makes significant
performance improvments.

Third hint:
  Apache HTTPD (I guess you are using it, it comes with WebSphere by
default) can be tuned to cache static responses.

Vadim