cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [OT] Blogs, RSS
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:14:43 GMT
Thanks for your recommendations, I will have a closer look on them.

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> maybe
> http://www.theonering.net/staff/corvar/cgi-bin/sidebar-inst.pl
> is enough for you

This seems to be a bit to pure.

> There are a few plugins for mozilla, have a look on mozdev.org eg

Yes, mozdev.org was the page I searched for a rss reader plugin first,
but where not really satisfied. Furthermore this page is so sloooow,
that searching does not make fun.

> http://forumzilla.mozdev.org/index.html

This one ("early pre-alpha") is a bit to early :)

> I remember this huge plugin for mozilla that sort of converted your
> browser into an rss aggregator type-of-thingy but alas can't remember
> it's name.

I guess you mean NewsMonster.org which I already found yesterday? I
feared the overkill a bit, but I will give it a try.

> I'm not that into blogs, i've got them in a bookmark group just like you :)

If none of the rss readers satisfies me, I will stay with my arcane
bookmarks too.

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I use SharpReader (http://www.sharpreader.net/)

"Prior to running SharpReader, you will need to install the .NET
Framework" - nothing I do really like ... but it seems to be really good.

> and just found an RSS
> aggregator plugin for Eclipse at
> http://morphine.sourceforge.net/presence/projects/rss/index.html

For Eclipse really EVERYTHING seems to be available :) I prefer the
integration into the browser, not the IDE.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Before switching to NetNewsWire (macosx only) I used
> http://www.newsisfree.com which does a decent job and requires only a
> browser on the client side.

This is more or less a portal where you can build your own page out of
many different sources?

And the others are all surfing around?

Joerg