cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject Re: [C2.2] Status Update
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:30:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I made some updates to the new environment handling in 2.2 and it
> seems that most of it is running as it should. Even sub sitemaps work
> (at least the sample works). I guess that internal pipeline calls
> are not working yet.

I just started looking into 2.2 again and noticed that many samples are
not even loading their launch page.  e.g., hello world samples throw a
ServiceException trying to look up the text serializer the first time
the hello-world sub-sitemap is read.  It seems that this is because the
text serializer is not declared in the sitemap - in fact, it's commented
out in the main root sitemap.  Uncommenting it moved the error to the
next undefined item (the wml serializer IIRC).  Uncommenting the whole
block of commented-out serializers gives a very unspecific error (maybe
null pointer?) and that's when I ran out of time.  Anyone know why these
serializers needed to be commented out, or better, what still needs to
happen to have these basic samples work?

View raw message