cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: JX and nodes with appostrophes
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:36:44 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 16.01.2004 17:28, Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> It appears that your DOM object contains multiple text nodes under
>> the title element. How was it created? Can't you just use #{./title}
>> or #{string(./title)}?
>

> But even with mixed content text() should return all text nodes. And
> how is it related to the postrophes? Sounds weird and more like a bug.
>
> Joerg

I guess it is a bit weird. But with JXPath, the caller has to decide
whether you want to treat the result of the evaluation as a single node
(getPointer(), getNode()) or as a node set (iteratePointers(),
iterate()). JXTemplate uses the former except in <forEach>. However, by
explicitly utilizing the string() function you can convert a node set to
a string value within the expression itself to overcome the single node
behavior.

Chris