cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Flow or actions?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:33:00 GMT
On 16.01.2004 11:07, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> BTW, what about my suggested FlowScriptSelector?
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106864448500002&r=1&w=2
>
> The man on the whiteboard got stuck in the middle of a big thing that he
> will announce on monday, hopefully.
>
> The answer of the men on the whiteboard was "no answer, so go right ahead".
>
> Joerg, if you want to resort the discussion, I think it would be a good
> thing... I won't have time to deeply participate in the next few weeks,
> as you will understand on monday.

Yes, it would be interesting. I only do not see how these two different
approaches can fit together - or as Peter said "this seems completely
upside down". At that time I wanted to see the flow as simple
replacement for the actions - with a return value and the selector
instead of the actions.

Now I see the better separation with the flow and though I have my
problems with the JavaScript (error messages etc.) I see the advantages
of having the controller separated and the sitemap for pure pipeline
selection.

Joerg

PS: It's Monday and we still don't know what's up!