cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Submitting form in onchange event
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:57:42 GMT
Found this one in unsent messages too...

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> You changed the woody stylesheet for the radio buttons, so you
>>> already came across @submit-on-change. Why not using the same for a
>>> field?
>>

>> Because it goes back to the server, yes, but doesn't actually leave
>> the showForm function, which is what I'm after.
>

> Currently, the only widgets that can potentially automatically exit
> showForm are <wd:submit> widgets. "Potentially" since of course the
> form is redisplayed if validation is asked and fails.
>
> The Form object has a endProcessing(boolean redisplayForm) method that
> could be use in the <wd:on-value-change> to achieve this.
>
> Sylvain (currently swamped)

event.source.parent.endProcessing(false) did the trick. And your email
came in literally seconds before I went to get on the Tube, when I'd be
wanting to use this. So your timing was absolutely perfect! Thanks!

Upayavira, also swamped, with a site to have live by Wednesday