cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/samples/i18n/translations/tiered messages_en.xml messages_ru.xml
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:46:18 GMT
kpiroumian@apache.org wrote:

>kpiroumian    2004/01/15 07:24:32
>
>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/i18n BundleFactory.java
>                        XMLResourceBundleFactory.java
>               src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation
>                        I18nTransformer.java
>               src/webapp/samples/i18n menu.xml simple.xml simple2page.xsl
>                        sitemap.xmap
>  Added:       src/webapp/samples/i18n tiered.xml
>               src/webapp/samples/i18n/translations/tiered messages_en.xml
>                        messages_ru.xml
>  Log:
>  Add 'tiered' dictionary lookup.
>  Thanks to Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@digitalinsight.com>

I have some reservations (in general, not about this particular patch)
about how i18n transformer and xml message bundle factory communicate.
Particularly, I don't like that you have to define all messages
catalogue details in the i18n transformer configuration. I'd prefer to
provide all this information in single place, in bundle factory
configuration, and for the transformer configuration, specify only
catalogue ID.

What do you think about such suggestion?

>           <catalogues default="messages">
>             <catalogue id="messages" name="messages" location="translations"/>
>             <catalogue id="menu" name="menu" location="translations"/>
>  +          <catalogue id="tiered" name="messages" location="translations/tiered">
>  +        <location>translations/tiered</location>
>  +        <location>translations</location>
>  +      </catalogue>
>           </catalogues>

Location "translations/tiered" here appears twice. Is it a bug?

Vadim