cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: mail list config for forrest-dev (Was: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:59:44 GMT

On 15.01.2004 12:38, Steven Noels wrote:

>> Is it possible to get on a white list though, at least after a
>> personal request to forrest-dev-owner@x.a.o?
>

> I've changed my moderation policies for the lists I moderate: when an
> non-subscriber sends a legitimate mail to a list, I moderate through
> _and_ add him to the whitelist.

Ok.

> There's still a chance then that he
> doesn't get the reply (because he wasn't subscribed, and his message
> (and replies) appears magically on the list, perhaps without him knowing
> so),

He?

> but manually informing people that they _need_ to subscribe in
> order to see the replies delivered in their mailbox became too much of a
> burden.

I didn't mean manually informing, it's enough if I get on the whitelist
after sending a manual request after an automatic bouncing - and this
way it seems to go at the moment, isn't it?

I don't know what you mean exactly with replies. If I want to get the
replies as mails I would subscribe of course. But the single threads I'm
interested in I read on gmane or theaimsgroup.

Joerg