cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms form2_bind_xml.xml
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:32:47 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 15.01.2004 09:46, Marc Portier wrote:
>
>>>   Modified:    src/blocks/woody/samples/forms form2_bind_xml.xml
>>>   Log:
>>>   fixes problem with binding sample:
>>>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107411789000009&r=1&w=2
>>>   Can somebody explain why?
>>

>> sorry my mistake:
>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/form2_model.xml?r1=1.11&r2=1.12&diff_format=h

>> when I recently changed the sample to fix the problem with the
>> bean-binding I overlooked the effect on the xml-binding...
>

> When searching for the reason of the non-working I looked at
> form2_xml.xml, line 95:
>
>     <wd:repeater id="contacts">
>       <wd:widgets>
>         <wd:output id="id">
>           <wd:datatype base="long"/>
>         </wd:output>
>
> and that's long and I didn't understand why it did not work but after
> the change in form_bind_xml.xml. Comparing 2 strings like contacts and
> number can be so difficult :) Yes, now I also understand the reason.

yeah, well, I don't know if it is intended or not, but I do hear the
underlaying message: we need some better tools for this kind of stuff, no?

maybe on relative short term some 'validator' could be made that checks
if id's and datatypes are in sync between woody definition, binding and
template files?  That could give upfront some more in depth warnings
then the runtime environment allows...

in any case, it's just an idea, not a promise I'll start making that :-)

regards,
-marc=