cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms form2_bind_xml.xml
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:25:52 GMT
On 15.01.2004 09:46, Marc Portier wrote:

>>   Modified:    src/blocks/woody/samples/forms form2_bind_xml.xml
>>   Log:
>>   fixes problem with binding sample:
>>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107411789000009&r=1&w=2
>>   Can somebody explain why?
>
> sorry my mistake:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/form2_model.xml?r1=1.11&r2=1.12&diff_format=h

> when I recently changed the sample to fix the problem with the
> bean-binding I overlooked the effect on the xml-binding...

When searching for the reason of the non-working I looked at
form2_xml.xml, line 95:

     <wd:repeater id="contacts">
       <wd:widgets>
         <wd:output id="id">
           <wd:datatype base="long"/>
         </wd:output>

and that's long and I didn't understand why it did not work but after
the change in form_bind_xml.xml. Comparing 2 strings like contacts and
number can be so difficult :) Yes, now I also understand the reason.

Joerg