cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Woody/Cocoon Forms binding w/Xindice
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:58:53 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Has anyone given thought to binding a Woody form to a Xindice document?
>
> I'm starting to develop an app, and I'd like to explore various
> binding methods.  Xindice seems like it would be useful for this sort
> of thing.

I can only agree. And Vadim has been very active on XIndice - it has
been improving a lot recently, with Vadim releasing 1.1B3 just after Xmas.

As I understand Woody's binding, Woody binds to DOM. Xindice can return
DOM documents, so it is eminently possible. But, you'd need to use your
own Java to access your XIndice instance.

Better though would be to improve the XMLDBSource to implement
ModifiableSource. That way, you can bind to it both ways, which would be
really neat.

Regards, Upayavira