cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: build of cocoon 2.1.3 fails on Win98 - resolution for anyone who cares...
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:07:24 GMT
John Walsh wrote:

>David,
>
>I suspected the same thing, so I double checked my download. It's the
>*.zip (39,184,340  12-16-03 10:59p cocoon-latest-src.zip). Still, I had
>to correct the batch files. I don't know why that hit me and not
>others. Maybe other versions of Windows deal with it better. There are
>two other strange things I needed to do to make cocoon work in my
>Windows 98 installation: Building the compile (default) target didn't
>create the webapps directory. I built the war target and that did it.

Hmm. So this would seem to be Ant stuff not working. Strange.  If you're
able to look further, I think you'll find the Ant targets in
tools/targets. Have a look there to see if you can find anything. If
not, could you add a page to the Wiki about it? Maybe

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Windows98

>Also, if I run "cocoon servlet" twice in the same DOS window, it hangs
>the second time. Turning on echo in the batch file showed that it jumps
>to the wrong label on subesquent runs of the batch file in the same
>window (batch file code and output shown below). The work around is to
>run from a new shell window each time I want to restart cocoon.

Sounds like an environment variable that is not getting cleared. Type
'env' before running Cocoon the first time, then again after having run
it, and see if there's anything that's different.

Regards, Upayavira

>Windows 98 is weird.

Windows is wierd.

>Thanks to all,