cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Make continuation id available to all XSLTs
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:39:24 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote:
>> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>>> All right, I'll bite, how would you go about doing that?  That was my
>>> first thought but I couldn't find a way to do that...
>> hm. I thought there was an inputmodule for this.

Now there is. I just checked in a FlowAttributeModule and a
FlowContinuationModule in the scratchpad block. Booth are JXPath enabled.

>> I just checked the cocoon.xconf and found there a declared
>> JXPathMetaModule under the name "jxpath"
>>
>> which lead me to believe something along the lines of
>> <map:parameter name="cont-id" value="{jxpath:$continuation/id}" />
>> would do it
>>
>> but that doesn't seem to work :-(
>>
>> delving in the code none of the modules seem to make the classic flow
>> parameters available (e.g. for comparison jxtemplate knows about
>> $continuation, $request, $session IIRC)
>>
>> but maybe my understanding of modules is wrong to even expect this?
 >
> Per se the JXPath module is not connected to flow or JXTemplate but
> applies XPath expressions to objects using the JXPath library. However,
> if we feel like there should be a module that makes FOM available, this
> should be an easy task to do. Perhaps this should be called
> "FlowObjectModelInputModule" resp. "fom" and inherit from the
> AbstractJXPathInputModule.

If we put request, session, continuation etc as variables within the
JXPathMetaModule, it would replace the functionality of the current
input modules. But IMO it would do it in a clumsier and more monolitic
way. I prefer keeping modules simple and with well defined and limited
scope.

/Daniel