cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: wt:validation-message
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:54:46 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>>Does anybody need <wt:validation-message id="mywidgetid"/> tag
>>implementation for woody transformer? I've implemented it but seems do
>>not need it atm.
>Hi Vadim:
>AFAIK the tag can be usefull in some environments. We are currently use
>the <wd:message> in some dialogs to show custom validation errors.
>Plase give us more info about the tag and how this can be used. To be
>honest I  am still a little bit behind the woody development because of

Well, it's really simple. If you have widget in the template:

  <wt:widget id="a"/>

It will get expanded by transformer to:

  <wi:widget id="a">
    <wi:validation-message> ... here message from validator ...

Here, validation-message is nested into widget instance. But for styling
purposes, if you need validation message to be somewhere else,
independent from widget itself, you could use this new tag:

In my particular case, I was able to get away with changes to the
stylesheet, but if anybody sees the need for this tag, I can add it.

>Anyway in some forms environments I saw how some people can use this tag
>to put the validation error right after the widget. Of course this is just
>another implementation choice.
>Best Regards,
>Antonio Gallardo

View raw message