cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Lucene Configuration
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:04:58 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Quick reply via a PDA...
>>
>>I'd like to add to your list:
>>7) Ability to crawl a site using cocoon protocol rather than
>>http. Thus an index could be created as an offline process
>>(e.g when the site is statically generated, and only the
>>search is dynamic - thus http cannot provide link view.)
>>

>I already wrote this. One of the things that needs to be done is change
>the Crawler interface to take Strings instead of URLs though.

I started doing it. And that's what I saw. So it involves changing
published interface. So the question is, do we just change the
interface, or do we extend it to have a String version too, and make the
URL versions purely wrappers around the String ones? What do the code
guardians out there say?

I'd also like to hear how you've done this. Do you still request the
'create index' page within a servlet? Or can you generate offline, say
with the CocoonBean?

>If noone
>has any objections and I find some time I could contribute my code.

I would be delighted. I think we just need to clarify the question if
interface change.

>Btw. AFAICS the CocoonCrawler component is only used by Lucene block.
>Shall we move it there?

I think so. It seems strange (and misleading) having it in the core.

Regards, Upayavira