cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Woody template transformer using jx macros
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:19:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>    <jx:when test="$widget.getWidget("items").size > 0">

Thanks for JXTemplateGenerator example. I assume $widget here should be
woody form, which is stored in the request attribute, and according to
[1], method call syntax is a bit different from the above. So I ended up
with:

  <jx:when test="getWidget(getAttribute($request, "form"), "items")/size
 > 0">

which actually worked for me, with JXTemplateGenerator. I'm now puzzled:
how yours expression works?

> The important difference with the WoodyTransformer is that the
> generator has access to the form model and therefore can produce a
> page layout whose content depend on the actual values of this model.

I'm worried a bit about performance of such a beastie - macros on top of
interpreted jxpath language executed in interpreted java machine...

> The above example is however a bit too simplistic since the same
> result could be achieved with the WoodyTransformer. The jx:when test
> expression would then be something like
> "$woody-form.getWidget("items").size > 0".

Now I'm lost. I have not found code in neither EffectWidgetReplacingPipe
nor in WoodyTemplateTransformer which would implement any jx:
functionality, except commented-out translateText method. What do I miss?

Vadim

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html