cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Make continuation id available to all XSLTs
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:59:07 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

>> All right, I'll bite, how would you go about doing that?  That was my
>> first thought but I couldn't find a way to do that...
>
> hm. I thought there was an inputmodule for this.
>
> I just checked the cocoon.xconf and found there a declared
> JXPathMetaModule under the name "jxpath"
>
> which lead me to believe something along the lines of
> <map:parameter name="cont-id" value="{jxpath:$continuation/id}" />
> would do it
>
> but that doesn't seem to work :-(
>

> delving in the code none of the modules seem to make the classic flow
> parameters available (e.g. for comparison jxtemplate knows about
> $continuation, $request, $session IIRC)
>
> but maybe my understanding of modules is wrong to even expect this?

Per se the JXPath module is not connected to flow or JXTemplate but
applies XPath expressions to objects using the JXPath library. However,
if we feel like there should be a module that makes FOM available, this
should be an easy task to do. Perhaps this should be called
"FlowObjectModelInputModule" resp. "fom" and inherit from the
AbstractJXPathInputModule.

	Chris.