cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Changing response targets with flow
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:19:14 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

>Any idea if it would be possible to devise a way to alter the target
>frame for a response in the flow?  In particular, we have some search
>screens that show their results in different frame. If a request fails
>validation I'd like it to return to the original frame and not show the
>results in the other frame.  So, in this case I'd just like to remove
>the target frame if the request fails validation.
>
>Peter Hunsberger

I might be wrong, but I think your thinking is wrong here.

You cannot control (from in flow) the frame that a page is presented in,
because the browser does a request for a specific frame, and that's
where the result will be shown.

To achieve what you want, you'd have to do it with some client side
javascript. Send back a response including some javascript that makes
the browser reload the other frame.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Upayavira