cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject xsp-actions broke with a NPE (treeprocessor error?)
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:00:35 GMT
Hi:

The lastest changes in treeprocessor broke the xsp-action. The problem is
in method setup() in o.a.c.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.java this class
needs a SourceResolver. Here is the header of the method:

public void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src,
Parameters par)

Inside the methos the is a call:

this.inputSource = this.resolver.resolveURI(src);

but since it got a null resolver it throw a NPE:

at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator.java:198)
at org.apache.cocoon.acting.ServerPagesAction.act(ServerPagesAction.java:169)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:152)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:176)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)

I went up to check where it set the SourceResolver to null and in:

o.a.c.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode (line 127) we can see:

SourceResolver resolver = getSourceResolver(objectModel);

This initialitation is returning null and this is the source of the
problem. I don't know how to fix it. I hope someone that know better the
treeprocessor (Sylvain?) can fix this.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.