cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR Cocooners!
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 02:51:08 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:

> On 1 Jan 2004, at 14:18, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> For me 2003 has been a great year around here, the GT was fantastic
>> and Cocoon has made great progress towards becoming a widespread and
>> well-known tool. I'm proud to play my small part here even if I often
>> wish I could do more.
>>
>> Thanks to everybody, I hope you all have a great year in 2004!
>
> Thanks! You too! and everybody else here!
>
> 2004 will be a major year for my life... and I think it will impact
> Cocoon as well. For good... and in very unexpected ways.
>
> A few more weeks and I will announce it to the world.
>
> For now, just wonder ;-)

Based on your recent mails. I think I understand what you have in mind
when you wrote this lines. I think your annunce will be a shocking good
news for people waiting for similars a powerful framework outside the
standard scripting languages.

Since I never used any scripting language for webapp, I never understand
or truly recongnized the hard pain of the scripting languages in webapp
development. Since 2 weeks we are working with a person that have a strong
PHP background and he was very pleasant impresed when we showed him
Cocoon. In short he said:

"All the problems I need to solve in a very complicated way in PHP are
already solved in Cocoon. Cocoon looks very easy and also short the
development effort that will meaning a more elegant solution with easier
maintenance code => a shorter development time".

Good luck in your annuncement while we will "prepare" for the sea of new
users to come ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo