cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] Cleaning up our component library
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:09:57 GMT
I totally agree with this. I have focused totally on 2.1 in building our
system. For things to suddenly be deprecated now would be most irritating.

If 2.2 manages to make the process of building one's webapp easier with
"real" blocks, a lot of folks like me will want to switch to it just for
that.  I really don't want to have to reimplement a bunch of stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Howard [mailto:cocoon@leverageweb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 7:45 AM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [proposal] Cleaning up our component library

What about doing "weak" deprecation, with good explanation that the move
is in name only.  INFO level logging on each use seems reasonable.  But
I'd propose that since this would come late in the 2.1 cycle that
removing in 2.2 is too soon.  I'd propose continue deprecation in 2.2
and remove only after that - maybe even a major version (i.e., 3.0).

Geoff