cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Woody and WAI
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:45:52 GMT

On 15 Jan 2004, at 20:52, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 15.01.2004 21:17, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> 1) Provide an explicit label for each form control. (Level 2)
>
> AFAIK this is already done.

By looking at the Woody XSLTs there are *some* conditions under which
<label>s are linked to <input>s, but not all.

ie. if you output certain types of <wi:group>.

However, many of the Woody samples do not get <label>s added.

eg. if you have a template snippet like this:

no <label> is added, whereas if the <wt:widget-label> were to be passed
through to the XSLT layer, then all usage could have <label>s.

Another issue about adding labels, is that it becomes easier to do
without Tables for containing forms, having the label makes it a lot
easier to layout tabular forms using CSS.

>> 2) Include default, place-holding characters in edit boxes and text
>> areas. (Level 3)
>
> The validation depends on whether it is only a hint or really a
> default value.

Hence, I think, the need to add semantics to handle this to the Woody
ML.
Does something like this make any sense?

<wd:field id="firstname" required="true">
   <wd:label><i18n:text
i18n:catalogue="local">label.firstname</i18n:text></wd:label>
   <wd:hint><i18n:text
i18n:catalogue="local">hint.firstname</i18n:text></wd:hint>
* <wd:default><i18n:text
i18n:catalogue="local">default.firstname</i18n:text></wd:default>
   <wd:datatype base="string">
     <wd:validation>
*     <wd:default-value isvalid="false"/>
       <wd:length min="2" max="128"/>
     </wd:validation>
   </wd:datatype>
</wd:field>

>> 3) Provide a summary for tables. (Level 3)
>
> Yes, that should be easy.

Yes

regards Jeremy