cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Events in Javascript with Semicolon missing is OK?
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:42:13 GMT
On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 06:30:50PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> We are using some events in CForms and write them directly in the CForm
> definition file. The problem is we noted sometimes it is no necesary to
> write the ending semicolon ";" at the end of the instructions and the
> cform works fine. Example:

http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_howto.asp

According to this link semicolons are not usually required in
javascript unless you are putting more than one statement on
a line.

This link clarifies with several cases where a semicolon should
be included anyway to ensure proper interpretation of your code.

HTH
--Tim Larson