cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [portal] Tab navigation
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:41:15 GMT
Hi Carsten,

I'm ready for the "portal configuration hell", if you
can lead me through it ;-)

I think stateful + stateless tab solution should work
for me.  There is also another problem I'm having,
which I hope will be fixed by this (but I'd like to
check with you to make sure):

On my "news" sub-tab I have "Latest News" page with
callouts to news items, which open "News Item" page,
by passing "news-item" coplet news-id:

<cl:links>
  "News" is the 4th tab on "maintab"
  <cl:link layout="maintab" value="3"
path="aspectDatas/tab"/>
  "News Item" page is the 3rd page on "newstab"
  <cl:link layout="newstab" value="2"
path="aspectDatas/tab"/>
  <cl:link coplet="news-item-1" value="{@id}"
path="attributes/news-id"/>
  <cl:content><xsl:value-of
select="title"/></cl:content>
</cl:links>

This works correctly, however if I press brower "Back"
button when on "News Item" page and click to view
another news item on the "Latest News" page, I get the
same news item.  However, if I navigate to "Latest
News" page by clicking on tabs, everything works
correctly.

Thanks,
-Alex

> From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>
> To: <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: [portal] Tab navigation
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:34:00 +0100
>
> Alex Romayev wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've noticed the following behaviour in the portal
> > sample:
> >
> > 1. After logging in, click on "TabDemo2" tab
> > 2. Click on "Three" subtab
> > 3. Click on "Main" tab
> > 4. Click again on "TabDemo2" tab
> >
> > At this point, subtab "Three" is shown, i.e. the
> last
> > visited tab.  Typically I would expect to see
> subtab
> > "One", i.e. the main tab's landing page.
> >
> > Is this behaviour intentional?  Is there a way to
> turn
> > it off?
> >
> Yes, this is intentional :) The tab implementation
> is stateful, which means
> the current state of a tab is stored in the session
> of the user.
> It can be turned off by changing the configuration
> of the portal. But it's
> not a simple on/off switch (or I oversee something).
> So, we have to go into
> the configuration hell of the portal!
>
> The solution I see, is creating two tabs, one that
> is stateful (for the
> main tab) and one that is stateless (for the
> embedded tab).
>
> HTH
> Carsten

=====