cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject [summary] Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:00:16 GMT
--- Unico Hommes <Unico@hippo.nl> wrote:
> Tim Larson wrote:
> > Anybody care to share their working Saxon configuration for
> > Cocoon-2.1?
>
> This should work:
>
> 1. add saxon jar to the classpath.
> 2. in cocoon.xconf uncomment the Saxon XSLTProcessor configuration
> 3. in your sitemap declare a TraxTransformer that uses it:
> <xslt-processor-role>saxon</xslt-processor-role>
>
> Hope that helps,
> Unico

These steps worked, after I discovered and updated some stale
config files in my webapp that were somehow causing this to fail.
BTW: I am using Saxon-7.3.1 with a one-line patch to prevent
namespaces from landing in plain text output.  For this version,
I changed the transformer-factory line in cocoon.xconf to:
  <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>

as documented in:
  http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocbookTransformation

Perhaps we should add at least a commented out TraxTransformer
entry for Saxon in the main sitemap, since there has been a fair
amount of interest expressed in using Saxon.

--Tim Larson