cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <>
Subject Request values won't change within flow?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:57:33 GMT
Since I usually find the solution to my problems within an hour of
writing the list maybe my luck will continue...

I've got a flow script that looks like:

function sgs( collection, screen )
    var valid = false;
    while ( !valid )
        valid = _sendPageAndValidate( "run/_"+screen, collection );
    cocoon.sendPage( "run/_page/" + collection );

Where the sendPageAndValidate is the script I've written about
previously that basically does a SendPageAndWait and also runs a
validation pipeline on the returned request.  The problem is as follows:

This function is invoked from a front end frameset that loads a page
setting a request parameter similar to the following:

The subsequently displayed page includes a hidden variable as follows:

	<input type="hidden" name="sgstype" value="y"/>

However, upon return from the continuation the request parameter still
has the value of "x" and not the new value.  If I change the name of the
hidden variable I see the expected "y" value. I assume this has
something to do with the default way in which Cocoon assigns parameters
but is this behavior correct (and if so is it documented?)  This worked
prior to using flow...

Peter Hunsberger

View raw message