cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Chaperon] Wrestling with the latest changes in the block
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:35:37 GMT
Am Do, den 22.01.2004 schrieb Nicola Ken Barozzi um 18:12:
> Anyway, I move the handle-errors in the main sitemap, and there it gets
> called. It even selects the <map:when test="syntax">, because if I put
> in there a simple notifier I get the report.
>
> But putting in there even only
>
>       <map:generate  type="exception"/>
>       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>
> gives me an empty output.
>
> Wierd, I dunno where to look.

Uhh, I guess where ;-) I had similar problems to get orignal
ParseException with xalan. With XSLTC it works.

Xalan used some supid code in the exception handling, something like

try
{
 [...]
} catch (Exception e)
{
  throw new SAXException(e.toString());
}

Which make xalan useless if you want select for the exception.
But using XSLTC and forrest is a different chapter ;-)

Happy to go off for vacation, Stephan.