cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/samples/i18n/translations/tiered messages_en.xml messages_ru.xml
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:19:04 GMT
From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim@reverycodes.com>
> kpiroumian@apache.org wrote:
>
> >kpiroumian    2004/01/15 07:24:32
> >
> >  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/i18n BundleFactory.java
> >                        XMLResourceBundleFactory.java
> >               src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation
> >                        I18nTransformer.java
> >               src/webapp/samples/i18n menu.xml simple.xml
simple2page.xsl
> >                        sitemap.xmap
> >  Added:       src/webapp/samples/i18n tiered.xml
> >               src/webapp/samples/i18n/translations/tiered
messages_en.xml
> >                        messages_ru.xml
> >  Log:
> >  Add 'tiered' dictionary lookup.
> >  Thanks to Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@digitalinsight.com>
> >

> I have some reservations (in general, not about this particular patch)
> about how i18n transformer and xml message bundle factory communicate.
> Particularly, I don't like that you have to define all messages
> catalogue details in the i18n transformer configuration. I'd prefer to
> provide all this information in single place, in bundle factory
> configuration, and for the transformer configuration, specify only
> catalogue ID.
>
> What do you think about such suggestion?

+1

There were some difficulties in passing the configuration directly to the
underlying bundle implementation, but now it seems to be possible.

> >           <catalogues default="messages">
> >             <catalogue id="messages" name="messages"
location="translations"/>
> >             <catalogue id="menu" name="menu" location="translations"/>
> >  +          <catalogue id="tiered" name="messages"
location="translations/tiered">
> >  +        <location>translations/tiered</location>
> >  +        <location>translations</location>
> >  +      </catalogue>
> >           </catalogues>
> >

> Location "translations/tiered" here appears twice. Is it a bug?

Yes, there should be no 'location' element in 'tiered' catalog declaration.
I'll check it and fix ASAP.

--  Konstantin