cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broke car selector sample [Fwd: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms car-db.xml]
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:55:32 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I broke car selector sample :-)
>
> Problem is that when you assign / bind initial values to the form,
> <on-value-change/> events are not fired, and form ends up in the
> inconsistent state. Quick hack I used to fix this was to make
> Form.fireWidgetEvents method public and call it directly from the
> flow/action to make sure that all is ok; but this is clearly a hack
> and I'd like to hear "expert opinion" on the subject.

The solution is to tie the loading phase to the global form processing.
I started this by adding load() and save() to the Form class, but left
them commented out waiting for some more thoughts in this area, since
the binding is strongly separated from the Form object.

Now your use case clearly shows that making the binding an integral part
of the form processing is useful.

So let's officially introduce Form.load() and Form.save() and make them
the preferred way to use the binding framework.

Sylvain