cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Paranoic block] turning on and off
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:09:29 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> The paranoic block ncan be allowed to turn it on or off?
>>> I ask because I don't see a property for the block in blocks.properties
>>

>> Turning on/off doesn't mean anything in the case of the paranoid
>> block, as it doesn't contain any configuration file. It's just a jar
>> that you can decide to use or not just by changing the servlet class
>> name in web.xml.
>>
>> I extracted it as a block just because it's totally independent of
>> other Cocoon sources and I needed to use it in other environments.
>

> Is there a reason you didn't want to do a config change in the block
> by using a paranoid.xweb that changes the servlet config?

Good point. IMO, ParanoidCocoonServlet is a helper feature that will be
activated or not depending on the deployement environment (i.e. if there
are conflicting jars), but not depending on what feature the application
needs, like is the case for other blocks.

This means that the regular CocoonServlet should be the default in
web.xml but that paranoid.jar should also be present in WEB-INF/lib so
that it can be activated whenever needed. Note that it was exactly the
case before its "blockification".

WDYT?

Sylvain