cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/targets ide-build.xml
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:40:36 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Carsten Ziegeler []
>>>From: []
>>>reinhard    2003/12/19 01:02:52
>>>  Modified:    tools/targets ide-build.xml
>>>  Log:
>>>  - delete only jars that start with cocoon
>>Why this? If you start cocoon from eclipse you have all jar files in your project
and you run into classpath problems if you don't delete them from WEB-INF/lib before.
>Ahh, I understand. It seems we have two different use cases here :-)
>I start the container using the command line and so I need all the libraries *except*
the cocoon libs because they are compiled into WEB-INF/classes.
>I've reverted my changes - I'm going solve it locally by adding the code into my tomcat
start script. As mentioned I've troubles with the FOM_Cocoon object if I use it in Jetty.
Hence I use Tomcat which is a bit slower but doesn't have any classloading issues (at least
for me).

Weird... Just like you, I start Jetty from the command line ("cocoon
servlet" or "cocoon servlet-debug") with a paranoid classpath that just
includes "build/eclipse/classes" and leave all libs, including the
cocoon ones, in WEB-INF/lib and have absolutely no problems...

Can you elaborate more on the problem you're having with FOM_Cocoon?

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message