cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moved ParanoidCocoonServlet to its own block
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:13:25 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>From: Sylvain Wallez

<snip/>

>>>Cool thing.
>>>One question: If I don't package Cocoon and use the compiled classes directly
Flowscript doesn't work any more (It's a problem with the FOM_Cocoon object because if I delete
it and use the classes from the package Flowscript works again) .. Anybody out there with
the same/similar problem(s)?

>>Uh? I never encountered this kind of problem...
>>

>This evening I had some time and found out that if I use Tomcat the problem is gone. It
seems to be a Jetty 4.2.14 problem because I've been using the WEB-INF/classes directory as
output directory for months without any problems.

>Sylvain, are you using Jetty or Tomcat?

Both : I develop on Jetty and often deploy on Tomcat. But I use the
eclipse/classes classpath only with Jetty. For deployments, the
ParanoidCocoonServlet allows to solve the jar hell problems related to
the various versions of Xerces and Xalan existing in Cocoon, the JDK and
Tomcat.

Sylvain