cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] Image widget
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:11:42 GMT
Harald Wehr wrote:

> I'm currently testing the new woody framework. In our application we
> need an input field of the type _image_ as it is specified in the
> HTML401 specification:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#input-control-types
>
> This input field is like a normal submit button. If the user performs
> a click on it the submitted data includes name.x=xvalue and
> name.y=yvalue parameters which represent the coordinates of the click
> within the image.
>
> Do you have any hints for me how this could be implemented in woody.
> Do I have to make a new widget type? Would it be good to inherit from
> the submit widget?
>
> I'm looking forward to any hint or suggestion on this topic.

The solution depends on whether you want to use an image input just to
have a graphical button or if you need to use the x,y coordinates.

In the first case (graphical button), simply use a <wi:styling
type="image" src="foo.jpeg"/> in the form template.

In the second case, you'll need a new widget class that provides the x
and y coordinates.

Sylvain