cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de>
Subject Re: ClassCastException for Postgres datasource in Generator
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:44:32 GMT
Antonio,

> It is normal. Every conection has a name  in this case it is $Proxy4. I
> saw similars names using OJB.
>
> Are you ever tried to connect to the Database using JDBC from another tool
> using the same driver? For example:
>
> Squirrel SQL - http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

No I never did it. I just downloaded squirrel and will give it a try in
next days. I will inform you about the results.

> Sometimes the problem can be in the username - password. Also check if
> postgres allow tcp connections.

This is working right. Postgres allows tcp connections as we can connect
with a connection we make ourself. The exception only happens if we do
the cast, as we need to add some special datatypes (details in my first
mail)

> Please note I am just guessing where the things can be wrong. :-D

Thanks for your help.

Harald